The Icelandic Centre for Research (RANNIS) supported the import of European lobster to Iceland and the preliminary studies in 2013-2015.
The Nordic Innovation supported the collaboration between Denmark, Iceland and Norway 2014-2017 for further development of landbased farming of European lobster and solving the main technical and biological challenges.
The partners are:
- DTU-Aqua, Hirtshals, Denmark
- Norwegian Lobster Farm, Kvitsöy, Norway
- Institute for Marine Research, Bergen, Norway
- Svinna-verkfraedi Ltd, Reykjavik, Iceland
- The University of Iceland’s Research Centre in Sudurnes, Sandgerdi, Iceland
- Sudurnes Science and Learning Center, Sandgerdi, Iceland
- Saebyli Ltd, Eyrarbakki, Iceland
Moreover, the team works closely with the National Lobster Hatchery in Padstow, UK and other partners in the ELCE network.